About the Ab Crunch
VIDEO: How To Do
Ab Crunch Instructions
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
2. Place your hands across your chest or position it at the back of head without touching the head.
3. Exhale and lift your upper body off the ground while pressing your abs.
4. You should feel the contraction in your abs. Once the abs are in full contraction slowly go back to your starting position by lowering the upper part of the body.
5. Do as many reps as recommended.
HOW TO: Ab Crunch
Precautions and Tips for Ab Crunch
The hands at the back of your head should not be used to lift your upper body off the ground. This causes neck strain and even injury. If you notice you are doing this place your hands across your chest.
Exhale hard when starting and hold the contraction for a second to make it more effective.
In case you notice discomfort or pain in lower back choose some other exercises.