About the Russian Twist
Video: How To Do The Russian Twist
Russian Twist Instructions
1. To begin the Russian Twist, lie flat on your back on the ground.
2. Pull up your knees until your calves are perpendicular to your thighs.
3. Place one hand over the other, with palms pointing towards your feet.
4. Move them until your palms face the ceiling.
5. To begin the Russian Twist, raise your shoulders off the ground.
6. Twist your torso while rolling the hands first to your left, then to your right.
7. Bring your shoulders back down to the floor.
8. Repeat the exercise as many times as you like.
How To: Russian Twist
Precautions and Tips for Russian Twist
To increase the intensity of the Russian Twist exercise, try raising your shoulders higher off the ground.
Another way to intensify the exercise is to hold a dumbbell in your hand while you do it.