About the Seated Row
Video: How To Do A Seated Row
Seated Row Instructions
1. Place the right weights on the stack and set a close grip bar (or V-bar) on the seated row machine.
2. Hold the bar in a neutral position, with your palms facing inwards.
3. Keep your legs slightly apart and bent. Your back should remain straight.
4. Pull the weight up a little off the stack, to the starting point of your seated row exercise.
5. Now pull the handle into your stomach, while holding the rest of your body in position.
6. Pull back your shoulders, squeeze, and pause.
7. Then gently lower the weight back to the starting position.
8. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
How To: Seated Row
Precautions and Tips for Seated Row
Keep your back straight at all times. Your torso shouldn’t move at any time during the seated row exercise.
Avoid hunching your shoulders and keep your arms extended.
Use your back muscles to lift the weight. When releasing the weight back, do NOT lean forward or use momentum to swing it back.
Holding for a count of 1-2 at the top of your movement will intensify the exercise and improve your results from a seated row.