About the Barbell Bent Over Row
VIDEO: How To Do Barbell Bent Over Row
Barbell Bent Over Row Instructions
1. Stand upright and hold the bar in a double overhand grip.
2. Bend over until your torso is parallel with the floor.
3. Drive your elbows behind the body, retract your shoulders, and pull the bar towards your belly until it touches your body.
4. Slowly lower the bar again to the starting position.
5. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
HOW TO: Barbell Bent Over Row
Precautions and Tips for Barbell Bent Over Row
You can try out different head positions to see which works best. The Barbell bent over row can be done with the head straight looking forward or while packing the neck.
Hold your abs tone as you pull the bar up to avoid arching your spine too much.
The bar should move throughout the exercise under your control, not by momentum or gravity.
Do NOT let your head jut forward, and glide your shoulder blade on your rib cage while pulling on the bar.
Barbell Bent Over Row