About the Decline Sit Up
VIDEO: How To Do Decline Sit Up
Decline Sit Up Instructions
1. Set the bench to angle up at 30 to 45 degrees. The difficulty of situps will depend on the angle.
2. Sit with your legs resting on the pads of the bench and cross your arms across your chest.
3. Lean back until your back is nearly touching the bench.
4. Raise yourself up so that your body is vertical.
5. Slowly lower yourself back down again.
6. Repeat for as many reps are you like.
HOW TO: Decline Sit Up
Precautions and Tips for Decline Sit Up
Avoid going too far down or up.
Don’t let your back touch the bench.
Pull up until your body is vertical, and don’t go further.
If you twist your abdomen, you’ll workout your obliques as well.
Holding a plate or dumbbell in your hands while doing the decline sit up adds to the intensity of the exercise.
Decline Sit Up