About the Dumbbell Front Raise
VIDEO: How To Do Dumbbell Front Raise
Dumbbell Front Raise Instructions
1. Select your dumbbells and stand upright, keeping your feet apart at shoulder-width.
2. Keep your arms fully extended beside your thighs and slightly in front of your body.
3. Hold the dumbbells a little off your body (say 3 or 4 inches), using an overhand grip on the weights with your palms facing inside towards your body.
4. Now raise your arms straight out in the front, palms facing the ground. Keep your elbows slightly bent.
5. Holding your body steady and moving just your shoulders, raise the dumbbells in front until your arms are a little higher than parallel to the ground.
6. Pause at the top for a moment, before gradually lowering the dumbbells to the starting position.
7. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
HOW TO: Dumbbell Front Raise
Precautions and Tips for Dumbbell Front Raise
When you start the dumbbells front raise, be sure to work on the correct form by using lighter weights. Only when you have the technique right should you increase the load.
It is important to move only your shoulders, while holding the rest of your body steady.
Your arms should move at a steady pace and control the entire movement.
Do NOT swing the weights up and down, or let them fall with momentum in a dumbbell front raise.
Dumbbell Front Raise