About the Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
VIDEO: How To Do Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press Instructions
1. Pick up the dumbbells with a neutral hand grip (palms facing in) and position the weights on your hip as you sit down on an inclined bench.
2. Lay back on the bench and hold the dumbbells close to your chest.
3. Take a deep breath and push the dumbbells upwards until they lock near the top.
4. Gradually bring the dumbbells down, keeping the weights under your control, until the handles are level with your chest.
5. Use your chest muscles to once again push up the dumbbells to the starting position.
6. Repeat for as many reps as recommended.
HOW TO: Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Precautions and Tips for Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
You can keep your elbows from locking fully to increase the tension on your pectorals through the incline bench press.
Hold the weights at a 45 degree angle so that your elbows are in neutral position.
Avoid clashing the dumbbells together at the top of the bench press. Otherwise you might lose stability leading to injury.
When you squeeze the dumbbells hard, you improve shoulder stability which makes the exercise easier.
Hold your shoulder blades pinched together so that your shoulder is safe and protected against injury.
It helps to imagine that you’re pushing yourself away from the weights than the other way about!
In case you experience shoulder pain, your position or form are incorrect. Check if your shoulders are retracted and keep your shoulder girdle packed.
Do NOT arch your lower back and retain some tension in your abs.
Hold your feet flat on the floor and don’t move the lower body during a dumbbell incline bench press.
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press