About the Inverted Row
VIDEO: How To Do Inverted Row
Inverted Row Instructions
1. Place a flat bench lengthwise in front of the Smith machine.
2. Adjust the bar to be 4 feet off the ground.
3. Grab the Smith machine bar with your hands placed shoulder width apart, and keep your heels on the bench.
4. Straighten your body.
5. Keeping your body straight, pull the upper body up towards the bar.
6. Pause in this position.
7. Lower yourself slowly back to the starting position.
8. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
HOW TO: Inverted Row
Precautions and Tips for Inverted Row
You should be in a position that when you pull up the bar touches the middle of your chest, not higher or lower.
Hold your body straight during the inverted row. Do NOT let your mid section sag.
To make the exercise more intense, you can hold weight plates on top of your body.