About the One Arm Dumbbell Row
VIDEO: How To Do One Arm Dumbbell Row
One Arm Dumbbell Row Instructions
1. Stand up and hold a dumbbell in your hand, in a neutral (palm facing inwards) grip.
2. Bend forward so that your torso is parallel to the ground.
3. Drive your elbow behind your body, retracting your shoulder. Pull the dumbbell toward your body and continue until your elbow is past the midline.
4. Slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting point, taking care to control the movement all through.
5. Repeat as many times as desired.
HOW TO: One Arm Dumbbell Row
Precautions and Tips for One Arm Dumbbell Row
You can perform the one arm dumbbell row with your head facing forwards or packing your neck.
Do NOT use the opposite arm to brace against your leg or other supports.
Hold the tone of your abs as you draw the dumbbell inwards so that you won’t arch your spine.
Do NOT let momentum control the movement of the dumbbell. You should control the weight throughout the one arm dumbbell row.
If your biceps is working a lot but not your back muscles, you could try a ‘false grip’ i.e. without wrapping your thumb around the dumbbell.
Avoid your head jutting forward while you lift, but slide your shoulder blade over your ribcage as the dumbbell moves back and forth.
One Arm Dumbbell Row