About the Seated Dumbbell Shrug
VIDEO: How To Do Seated Dumbbell Shrug
Seated Dumbbell Shrug Instructions
1. Select your dumbbells of the appropriate weight.
2. Sit with your back straight on a flat bench.
3. Use a neutral grip (palms pointing inwards) to hold the dumbbell by your sides.
4. Relax your shoulders so that they droop as much as possible. This is the starting point.
5. Shrug your shoulders as far as possible.
6. Pause and hold, before lowering the dumbbells to the starting position.
7. Repeat for the number of reps desired.
HOW TO: Seated Dumbbell Shrug
Precautions and Tips for Seated Dumbbell Shrug
Lift the dumbbells using your traps, rather than your biceps.
If you want to make the exercise a little more intense, pause at the top of the seated dumbbell shrug for a count of 3 before lowering your shoulders.
Rolling your shoulders does not add value to the exercise. Just raise the weight straight up and down.
Rope Face Pull