The Easy Way To Get Six Pack Abs
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases at no additional costs to you.
If you want to get six pack abs, start by understanding that it won’t be quick. You need some patience, discipline and dedication before you’ll be able to achieve your goal.
There are two components to getting those six pack abs:
1. Building muscle
2. Losing fat
How To Get Six Pack Abs By Building Muscle
There are 8 easy ways to build six pack abs through strengthening your abdominal muscles by regular exercise.
1. Sit Ups: Sit ups are extremely effective at gaining six pack abs. Lie flat on the floor with your feet on the ground with your hands across your chest. Get your feet wedged. Then sit up, lifting your lower back off the floor. Lower yourself back down and repeat.
After you’re comfortable doing sit ups, increase the difficulty by adding weights, holding a dumbbell on your chest as you sit up.
2. Crunches: These are another effective workout to build six pack abs. Lie flat, bend your knees and raise your shoulders towards your knees. Don’t lift your entire back. The most effective part is the initial flexing of your abs when you raise your shoulders. Pause for a second, and lie back slowly to repeat.
3. Leg Lifts: Lying on the floor with legs straight out, raise your legs without bending your knees up to 90 degrees. Lower them down without touching the floor, and repeat. If it’s too difficult, try it without worrying about whether your knees bend during the exercise.
4. Jackknife Sit Ups: This is a bit harder to do, but effective in developing six packs. Lie flat, raise your knees and torso at the same time, and try to touch your knees with your face at the peak of your swing. Put your arms and legs back down and repeat.
5. Butt Ups: From the push up position, elbows on the ground, raise your buttocks high into the air. Then lower your glutes back to the starting position, and repeat.
6. Planks: From the push up position, elbows on the ground, hold your body flat and parallel to the ground for 45 seconds.
7. Oblique Muscle Exercises: These muscles on either side of your abdomen give the six pack abs look. Twisting machine routines and bicycle crunches can work on this muscle group.
8. Pull Ups: On a horizontal bar, doing two or three sets of 5 pull ups will build your lats and enhance the six pack appearance. As you grow stronger, you can vary the routine with creative variations.
How To Get Six Pack Abs By Losing Fat
What’s the point in working out hard to build six packs but then camoflaging them under a layer of fat?
That’s why it matters so much to melt away those rolls of adiposity and unmask the developing ripped magnificence that lies beneath them!
To burn off fat, you must eat less than your body consumes for metabolic needs. For each 3,500 calories your body consumes, you will lose 1 pound of fat. A vigorous workout session only burns 800 calories or so. Be patient and wait for fat loss to happen.
1. Cardio Workouts: Any exercise routine that raises heart rate for a specific time period is a good cardio workout. Running, jogging, swimming, biking and dancing are all aerobic cardio exercises. 3 to 5 sessions every week is ideal.
2. Interval Training: Exercising in alternate bursts of high-intensity workouts and slower paced but longer lasting sessions can maximize the calorie consumption from each exercise workout.
3. Eat Small Meals: Especially late in the evening, consuming more calories increases the chance that they will be stored as fat. Eat small meals. Take a healthy snack at bedtime. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Nuts are good too.
4. Don’t Skip Breakfast: A balanced, healthy breakfast increases metabolic rate by 10% and keeps you energized and fresh through the day.
5. Weight Lifting: Resistance training helps build muscle and burn off fat. Without weight training, your fat loss diet could end up depleting your body of muscle. This will make you unhealthier and less fit.
6. Drink Water: You need nearly 2 liters of water daily, more during summer or in hotter climates. Soda and alcohol are not good substitutes.
7. Whole Grain: Rather than refined cereals, include whole grains in your diet. They are healthier, richer in protein and more filling. Insulin release is lower, leading to smooth blood glucose control and less hunger which leads to snacking between meals.
8. Sleep: Those who sleep for 8 hours at night are able to lose fat more easily than people who sleep under 5.5 hours. Stress relief and hormonal changes are some of the benefits of getting plenty of rest.
Six pack abs are easy to develop. But they don’t appear magically overnight. By following these simple tips, you can soon enjoy the body of your dreams. And programs like those featured on the ‘Body Building Reviews‘ website can show you how to build muscle, gain strength and develop an attractive physique. Take a look – click here.