About the Smith Machine Shoulder Press
VIDEO: How To Do Smith Machine Shoulder Press
Smith Machine Shoulder Press Instructions
1. Set the bench down in the Smith machine shoulder press. Adjust the back at 90 degree. Sit on the bench and move so the bar is placed comfortably in front of your face.
2. Add weights to the bar and sit down on the bench.
3. Slowly lift the weights off the rack and bend your elbows so you are in starting position.
4. In a slow and measured movement lower the weight below your chin height and pause. Now raise the bar back slightly above your head without locking your elbows at the top of the movement.
5. Repeat for as many reps as needed.
HOW TO: Smith Machine Shoulder Press
Precautions and Tips for Smith Machine Shoulder Press
This should press exercise does not need a spotter.
Always keeps your elbows unlocked at the top of the movement.
Warming up is important to prevent shoulder injury.
The bar should travel below your chin to complete the entire motion for the exercise.
Smith Machine Shoulder Press