About the Standing Dumbbell Press
VIDEO: How To Do Standing Dumbbell Press
Standing Dumbbell Press Instructions
1. Select a pair of dumbbells and stand upright with your legs apart by shoulder-width.
2. Raise the dumbbells to about shoulder level, twisting your arms so that your palms face forwards.
3. Hold your head steady, eyes facing forward.
4. Now gradually lift the dumbbells above your head until your arms are almost fully extended.
5. Without pausing, immediately lower the dumbbells to your starting position.
6. Repeat for as many reps as you want.
HOW TO: Standing Dumbbell Press
Precautions and Tips for Standing Dumbbell Press
While beginning, your form is more important than the weight you are lifting. Make sure you get the proper technique before loading on more weights. Otherwise you run the risk of shoulder injury.
Use the longest range of movement you can manage, and keep control over the dumbbells throughout the standing dumbbell press.
If you suffer from lower back pain, it is best to do the dumbbell press while seated and your back supported by a rest.
ALSO: Don’t miss our recommended guide…
Standing Dumbbell Press