About the Wide Leg Sit Up
VIDEO: How To Do Wide Leg Sit Up
Wide Leg Sit Up / Frog Sit Up Instructions
1. The wide leg sit up is a variation of the sit up with the difference being in foot positioning to strengthen the core muscles.
2. Lay supine and relaxed, with arms crossed and feet together.
3. Bend your knees outwards so that your legs open.
4. Breathe out and squeeze your abs while raising the upper back off the ground.
5. When your abs are fully contracted, gradually lower yourself to the starting position.
6. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
HOW TO: Wide Leg Sit Up
Precautions and Tips for Wide Leg Sit Up
Breathe out forcibly (like you’re trying to blow out candles on a birthday cake!) and hold this contracted position for a few seconds before you begin the wide leg sit up.
If your lower back hurts, adopt an anti-extension, anti-rotation movement.
Do NOT place your hands behind your head. This places extra strain on your neck.
Wide Leg Sit Up